FAQ - Stone and Tiles Flooring
1. How can I best provide protection for my unglazed floor tiles.
Use a special floor care product with an impregnating effect, such as emsal Stone & Tiles. Undiluted application gives your tiles basic protection, preventing it from soaking up moisture and from forming stains, though without changing the visual impact. Regular use of diluted product in the cleaning water freshens up the impregnating effect whenever it is applied.
2. I have porcelain tiles which are rather dull now, and I’d like to give them a good shine.
Gloss-producing floor care products are not suitable for porcelain stoneware. The layer of gloss does not form a proper bond with the tiles. This is due to their special surface structure.
For regular care and cleaning we recommend to use emsal Stone & Tiles.
3. My marble floor has become rather dull and lustreless over the years. What can I do to bring back its shine?
First pre-clean your floor thoroughly and leave it to dry completely for several hours. Next, use emsal Perfect Shine in undiluted form, making sure you follow the instructions. Apply the product in sections and leave to dry completely. From now on, whenever you clean your floor again, simply add some emsal Perfect Shine to the water. (Note on undiluted use: see “Tips and Tricks on Intensive Treatment”)
4. I’ve got a dark high-gloss granite or granite-like floor which I want to impregnate. What should I do?
Use emsal Stone & Tile, but make sure it’s diluted in water. Wipe the floor with a microfibre cloth and immediately follow this up with a good rub, using a dry cloth.
5. Until now I’ve always used soft soap on my marble floor. However it has now lost its shine. How can I make it nice and shiny again?
Soft soap diluted in water has an alkaline pH-value. Before the marble floor can be treated with a gloss-producing care product, it therefore needs be wiped with lots of clean water several times. When you have done so, leave it to dry completely, preferably overnight. Next, use emsal Perfect Shine in undiluted form, making sure you follow the instructions. Apply the product in sections and leave to dry completely. When you clean your floor again later, simply add emsal Perfect Shine to water. (Note on undiluted use: see “Tips and Tricks on Intensive Treatment”)
6. I’ve got tiles in the kitchen and bathroom but parquet and laminate floors elsewhere in the house. I want to keep the cleaning as simple as possible and avoid the use of too many different products.
emsal Maintenance + Cleaning is sufficient as a gentle cleaning product and suitable for all smooth flooring. Nevertheless, make sure you follow the care instructions specified for more sensitive flooring (e.g. parquet). (Notes: see Tips and Tricks)